Commissioner, Federal Acquisition Service and Acting Administrator
Jim has thirty plus years of successful Federal Government experience designing, building, delivering and running outstanding critical and transformational programs, as well as acquisition operations in several government agencies. He was responsible for delivering on enormous challenges, building successful multibillion-dollar operations and teams, forming strategic partnerships and significantly turning around troubled organizations.
Jim’s leadership skills and many accomplishments have been recognized through the receipt of numerous awards including:
- Two Presidential Rank Awards
- Four FED100 Awards
- Civilian Government Executive of the Year by Government Computer News
- Professional Services Council’s Marc S. Ross Award
- 2010 American Council for Technology John J. Franke Award.
- Public Sector Partner of the Year, Greater Washington Contractor Awards
- Service to America Finalist
- DHS Silver Medal (Highest Award in 1st Year)
Jim also has seen success in the private sector with worldwide responsibilities. Other roles include Industry Chair of the American Council for Technology-Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC); TechAmerica Homeland Security Committee Chair; SAGE, Partnership for Public Service; U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Acquisition Academy Advisory Board; Strategic Advisor, Government Technology & Services Coalition; GovLoop Mentor.